I’ve had the pleasure of growing up playing games from the 80s and 90s, including various RPGs, RTSes, FPSes, and point-and-click adventure games.
When I was finally able to access the internet in 2001, I discovered that many of these games had huge followings even after so many years. In 2002 I joined the Ultima Dragons Internet Chapter, launching my first website – Dino’s Ultima Page – shortly after.
- Ultima 8: Pagan walkthrough (2003-2004, incomplete)
- Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire walkthrough (Sep 2006)
- Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne Bonus (Orc) Campaign walkthrough (Mar 2010)
- Eye of the Beholder 2 walkthrough (Sep-Nov 2011)
- Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness walkthrough (Feb 2014)
- Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness
- Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
- Ultima 8: Pagan
- Ultima: Escape from Mt. Drash
Since September 2020, I have held the record for speedrunning Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire.
- 13th September 2020: 1 hour, 22 minutes and 11 seconds
- 7th August 2021: 20 minutes and 15 seconds
- 21st August 2021: 15 minutes and 27 seconds
On 19th February 2023, I made a record speedrun of Menzoberranzan in 1 hour, 28 minutes and 24 seconds.
I wrote a review of Ravenloft: Stone Prophet for The CRPG Book, which was published in 2018.
The following is a subset of my websites that contain gaming content.
Games I Developed
- The Minesweeper Legacy: a series of five Minesweeper clones between 2004 and 2021, which culminated in Minesweeper 5.
- Magnetic Pool: a hybrid pool/golf game with magnetism, developed in Unity3D in 2013.
- Scarecrow Siege: a farm-based tower defence game made with a team in Unity3D for a local competition in 2012. See short video or full gameplay video.
- Ultima 1 Revenge, an incomplete engine port of Ultima 1 that went through several iterations between 2007 and 2016. See also: Ultima 1 Map Viewer.
Game Development Tutorials
- SDL2 Tutorials
- Unity3D Tutorials
- Game Development tutorials (includes Unity3D, SDL2 and more)