I’ve never been an avid reader, but I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I’ve written long stories as early as 7 years old, and when I started my websites at the age of 14, I continued writing on the world wide web. This blog, and all the other websites and blogs before it, are merely the latest manifestation of my oldest hobby.
I’ve continued to write technical articles professionally, diversifying my portfolio. Not all are credited, but the following are:
- RedisGraph: A Fresh Graph Database Based on Redis (Part 1) – IOD Blog
- Republished as What Is RedisGraph and What Are Your Options for Running it? – gitconnected
- RedisGraph: A Fresh Graph Database Based on Redis (Part 2) – IOD Blog
- Tips: Monitoring Your AWS Lambda Functions with ELK – IOD Blog
I have also helped review Silas Reinagel’s “Project Management Secrets” book prior to publication.
- I finally got a copy of the CRPG Book, which I contributed to (see 2015/2018 below).
- I am writing technical articles professionally on a freelance basis, currently with a focus on the ELK stack.
Fresh Stuff (2018)
- The CRPG Book Project, for which I wrote a review of the Ravenloft: Stone Prophet (with brief mentions also of Ravenloft: Strahd’s Possession and Menzoberranzan) was finally published, four years since its inception, on 5th February 2018.
- I wrote a poem for a St. Valentine’s Day poetry competition, and won. This is very ironic because there was nothing romantic about the poem. It was a limerick centered around a dirty and negligent truck driver, with imagery inspired by Denis Leary’s “Asshole” song. I wrote it just for laughs, and looks like it worked.
New Stuff (2017)
- I was awarded Honorable Mention in the Ultima Dragons 25th Anniversary Essay Contest.
- I wrote dialogue for an NPC representing myself in a game called Morgaelin.
- I occasionally contribute documentation to the Microsoft Orleans project.
Recent Stuff (2015)
- I have written a review for the Ravenloft trilogy for the CPRG Player’s Handbook. The book was released on 5th February 2018, after four years in the making.
- I was a DZone Most Valuable Blogger (MVB), and some of my articles at Gigi Labs have been republished there. I also had a similar agreement with .NET Code Geeks. However, I terminated both agreements by the end of November 2015.
- My article, Double Buffering in Redis, was featured on Redis Watch Issue 42 (30th April 2015) and Redis Weekly Issue 90 (2nd May 2015).
- My article, Setting up a Connection with StackExchange.Redis, was featured on Redis Watch Issue 51 (16th July 2015) and Redis Weekly Issue 101 (20th July 2015).
- My article, ASP .NET Web API: A Gentle Introduction, was featured on Kashyapa’s ASP .NET Daily (Sunday 16th August 2015).
- My article, Retrieving Table Metadata from SQL Server Catalog Views, was featured on #SQLServer Weekly 20150907.
- Ultima 8: Pagan walkthrough (2003-2004, incomplete)
- Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire walkthrough (Sep 2006)
- Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne Bonus (Orc) Campaign walkthrough [Chapters 1, 2, 3] (Mar 2010)
- Eye of the Beholder 2 walkthrough (Sep-Nov 2011)
- Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness walkthrough (Feb 2014)
Ancient Stuff (2002-2003)
- Adventures of Blackthorn dialogue – this is some dialogue I wrote for a fan-made Ultima spinoff that was eventually cancelled.
- The Return – this is an essay I wrote at school which had an Ultima background to it. It is mirrored at the Dragon Press.
- Tale of the Mystics – this is an Ultima fanfiction which I never finished. It is mirrored at the Dragon Press.