Below is a set of tutorials I wrote covering the basics of SDL2. SDL stands for Simple DirectMedia Layer, a library used in games and other multimedia applications. It provides the means to use graphics, audio, user input, and other things you would normally need in such applications.
- Showing an Empty Window in SDL2
- Displaying an Image in an SDL2 Window
- Loading Images in SDL2 with SDL_image
- Loading and Saving Images with SDL2
- Saving Screenshots in SDL2
- Handling Keyboard and Mouse Events in SDL2
- Displaying Text in SDL2 with SDL_ttf