Tribun Dragon sent me an update on what he and the other contributors to the Codex of Editable Wisdom have been up to in recent days:
In the last two weeks, we have done tons of work at the Codex of Editable Wisdom. In this short time we managed to not only create very interesting content but also re-worked partly the functioning of the site. Including other things we have:
- We now have a Map-Section that holds a complete atlas of all the maps ever sold together with the games in very good quality. Also, if there were different versions of a map, we did our best to include this map as well for viewing.
- A completely new category is about Background and Technical Details. A number of really strong articles in it are:
- The Development History of Ultima IX, complete with all the turns and illustrated with pictures.
- Ultima IX Plot Remnants. To add to the Bob White Plot story, there were numourous things from the old plot still in the game.
- Unused Ultima IX Maps. How to access the unused maps in the game and what they contain.
- Plot Cuts in Serpent Isle. A long article on what originally had been planned for Serpent Isle.
- Plot Cuts in Ultima VIII. The same for Ultima VIII. Very interesting how much of the game had been lost because of the deadline set by EA.
- The Original Serpent Isle Intro, complete with video!
- We now have completed the list of Characters in Ultima Underworld II. Every character from the game got a detailled describtion and the fitting character portrait.
- The category for Books is now complete. It includes all the books found in the game boxes and the cluebooks sold by Origin. Almost every article includes a link to a high-quality pdf-version of the book!
- The page about Sorcery is now greatly improved.
- All of the illustrations that had been originally from the Ultima Collection are now replaced with high quality ones from scans and from pdf-files. They all now look a lot nicer and are bigger as well.
More, especially on the technical side, is to come soon.
Direhaggis at the Titans of Ether has posted an August update. The Titans are looking for interior worldbuilders and writers, and the update also has a brief overview of what the team has been up to in the last month.
Aiera has posted several updates, some of which are Twitter posts: