5th December 2010 by Dino
So, the Christmas season is around the corner, and it is traditionally good at keeping me busy. So let's catch up on the Ultima news lately...
The Forgotten World website has been quite busy with news lately. Here's a summary:
- Awesome screenshot #3 shows Janna in Moonglow. This is significant because it shows significant progress with triggers, both in having teleported Janna to Moonglow, and in her sitting down automatically.
- Chris Hopkins, author of the Ultima 4 Part 2 parody remake, has joined the team as a tools programmer.
- Awesome screenshot #4 is a view of Britain from atop a watch tower.
- A Beautiful Britannia 2010 demo has been released and can be downloaded from the Aiera project page. This demo is a fully playable version of Ultima IX, with additions to the overworld as well as high resolution textures.
- New Beautiful Britannia screenshots from the demo have been added.
- Awesome screenshot #5 has been released as well.
- A member of the Wing Commander has joined the team to help with dll patching.
- A new poll asks how much people travel by boat in Ultima IX.
- The previous poll asked which bug people wanted to be fixed next. The most popular was the addition of Mariah and Jaana to their respective towns once the shrines are cleansed.
Spoony's Ultima 6 video review is online. Withstand the Fury Dragon isn't quite happy with the bashing of his (and my) favourite Ultima.
Ultima 6 Online has news of some sort of gargoyle invasion or such:
"Strange lunar forces are driving the Gargoyle horde deep into Britain! Arm thyselves to the teeth should you wish to visit Britain's Major shops! British Commands the town militia to advance! Log in and do such!"
The Titans of Ether have posted their update for October 2010.
More Ultima-related news from Aiera:
- Restored: Ultima 1 for Java, The Cemetery, and The System Shock Hack Project.
- Added: pu6e, Ultima Underworld for Unreal Tournament, Britannia Map for The Moon Project, Serpent Isle Map for The Moon Project, and Ultima Obscura.
- Updated: u6encode/decode.
- EUO has seen many updates.
- Someone is looking to be a GM on a UO freeshard.
- Kevin Fishburne of Sanctimonia has found the help he wanted with regards backporting some code.
- An Apple II emulator for Anrdoid has appeared.
- Some crazy (in the awesome sense) chap created an Ultima 6 map for Minecraft. The results are pretty impressive.
- Following this, an appeal was made to host this map on a permanent Minecraft server.
- A little joke crossing Ultima 6 with Star Wars.
- A gallery of Ultima Underworld 2 cluebook art has been added at Aiera.
- A curious and almost plot-stopping Martian Dreams bug.
- Return to the Serpent Isle lost its main writer and is looking for a replacement. They also need 3D artists.
- Johnny Wood donated some money to Aiera.
- There was a poll about people's favourite early Ultima art style.
- A site called GMZ, spotted by Joe Garrity, has some posts about Ultima. These include Ultima 6 - Special Edition Cassette, Ultima Underworld, The Lost Vale, and several others.
- Article about Ultima online rare items.
Aiera news that is not Ultima-related:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020