6th June 2006 by Dino
The Dragon Press now hosts two new fanfictions by Great Siberian Dragon - "Great Siberian Cousins" and "Avatar's Pagan Journal". The Dragon Press also mentions that Damien Barban's Ultima 7 comic is complete, and has a new link to the Serpent Isle comic that is now in progress.
The Titans of Ether have launched a new contest: answer 43 questions correctly and you can (be the only one to) get to see an exclusive in-game video.
Other news from the Titans of Ether is that Redemption featured in a PC Powerplay article.
Infinity Eternal updates I missed:
- 22nd March: Thepal was about to receive Oblivion on the morrow, and wrote about his plans for Oblivion and Infinity Eternal.
- 13th May: Thepal said he was very busy, hadn't even finished Oblivion yet, and had trouble with his laptop.
- 14th May: The laptop troubles were due to the corruption of the hard drive where all Infinity Eternal files were. Thepal said he would cancel the project if he could not retrieve the files.
- 20th May: Fortunately, Thepal managed to retrieve most of the Infinity Eternal files, so the project was not cancelled. Some files were lost, but most of them were recovered.
The Forgotten World project has a new home. The site has undergone some minor changes, and some new members were recruited.
David Randall, responsible for the remake of Ultima V for TI Calculators, wrote that "NPC shoppe talk is complete"; more information is available at the U5TICalc forum at TI-Freakware.
Ultima 4 Multiplayer has seen several updates since the last news I mentioned here (15th April). Since the site has been redesigned, you can read the news on the site's main page or at the server site. The new updates include:
- 30th April: Initiate New Game option added.
- 1st May: Fixed several weapons bugs and a patch bug.
- 8th May: Fixed more weapons bugs, death & resurrection problems, and the magic shop hack. Also, a large copy of the Lands of Britannia (world map) was placed on the game server site.
- 13th May: Fixed resting problems and effects icons. Also upgraded the patcher and fixed problems with 3rd party .dll's causing crashes.
- 14th May: Fixed wandering monster frequency and gold issues, and improved communication with the server.
- 15th May: Fixed the healer cure poison bug and several gm commands.
- 16th May: Fixed crashes caused by reapers and problems with creating players.
- 17th May: Fixed the dwindling monsters problem.
- 23rd May: Fixed merchant bugs, stat bug and sleep bug; also updated wisps and zorns to reflect the original U4 better.
- 25th May: Updated patcher, new close button, fixed more merchant bugs, fixed key figure who never seemed to appear.
- 29th May: Fixed minor bugs.
- 31st May: Fixed reagent mixing bug, magic effects icons and a dungeon floor trigger problem. Also added a chat shortcut (ENTER key) and improved AI.
- 1st June: Added permanently spawned ships to many sections of the map. Also fixed lockups due to the Dispell spell and sleep traps on chests. Spell casting and special weapon usage frequency of monsters is reduced.
Petrell noticed a post at Aiera's Sword and Shield forum, where Major_Error (leader of the slumbering Agape project) stated that "Agape is closed untill the release of the new NWN2 toolset," "hopefully around September or earlier".
The Lazarus homepage sports a beautiful crossbow, hand-made by David "Iolo" Watson himself, which was sent to Tiberius as a gift from fans. The crossbow comes complete with a serpent logo and is signed by Lord British himself.
An Ultima 5: Lazarus review has surfaced on UltimaDot. Lazarus scored a considerable 10/10 in the review.
Petrell spotted a topic at the Exult forum about using a dance pad to actually walk in Britannia in Exult. There is also a page with instructions on how to use it for Exult.
That's all, folks! (for today)
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020