7th August 2011 by Dino
A lot of things have been brewing at Forgotten World, as Iceblade wrote in his most recent news posts:
- The Britannian Highway Administration, an editor allowing people to tamper with waypoints forming part of an NPC's schedule, is complete.
- The team page has been updated, and they are looking for a 3D modeller to upgrade some of the existing artwork.
- Artifacts of features missing from U9, such as lock picks, key rings and NPC schedules have been spotted among the game's files.
- An Activity Editor, allowing people to mess with NPC schedules, has been completed.
- A screenshot of the Highway Editor, and seven more of the Activity Editor, have been added to the screenshots page.
- Two new composers have been added. Music that they have already contributed has been added in a new purposely made page.
- A poll has been added to decide where to put in the new Stones theme.
- 12 in-game books from the defunct Ultima IV: The Dawn of Virtue project have been donated to the Forgotten World project.
- A new goal for Forgotten World is to add facial animations for talking NPCs.
On an Ultima-unrelated note, Withstand the Fury Dragon at Aiera responded to Rock Paper Shotgun's article about game photographer and posted several screenshots of The Sims 3 and Galaxy on Fire 2 (both for iPhone). Being a 'game photographer' is probably very common among gamers - we all tend to love keeping memoirs of our progress through games, and the many recent Ultima playthrough blogs are testimony to that. I personally have also screenshotted my way through several games, including several Ultimas (see walkthroughs in Dino's Ultima Page) and other games (see Game Info page in my other site).
Still on an Ultima-unrelated note, WtFD wrote a bit about file hosting services, giving his opinion on which service would be better for hosting any (possibly Ultima project related) material.
Aiera has the following news concerning Richard Garriott and Origin:
Other Ultima project-related news from Aiera:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020
- An Exult port for the iPad is underway, and a couple of photos are online.
- The Savage Empire remake is recruiting.
- A new project, Elderlands, has been added to Aiera.