Tribun Dragon sent me an update about the latest progress of the information collecting effort at the Codex of Editable Wisdom:
Tribun Dragon writes: It has been a while now since the last update about what we are up to at the Codex. However, that doesn't mean that we were idle. Beside additions to various topics, we have a number of new, interesting additions.
- There are numerous interesting additions to the Technical and Background page:
- We now have articles that go into detail about the various computer ports of Ultima I, Ultima II, Ultima III, Ultima IV, Ultima V and Ultima VI.
- A section that discusses the various bugs found in the series (still expanding).
- The strange Ultima VIII World Model and its weak points, which can cause interesting effects. (thanks to Dino for the original information)
- The Harpsichord Tile Shifting Effect from Ultima V, which sheds some light on the engine - video included.
- In our section for Music, we now have articles about the two sountrack CDs that were released and about some of the more famous songs.
- Our section for Organisations in the series is now completed.
- In our Walkthrough section, we've managed to cover many of the more perplexing problems in the games:
On other news, we start to run out of topics we can cover, apart from filling up the ranks of the NPCs. So if you are interested, feel free to search the Codex and if you find a topic that we don't have covered, inform us.
The Titans of Ether have also posted a progress report about their project.© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020