10th October 2010 by Dino
While reading material on ray tracing for my Masters, I happened to come upon some sample student projects, one of which was this pretty impressive Ultima-related scene (from the slides here):
Sergorn has apparently been playing a lot of Ultima. In his most recent Ultima Adventures, he not only finished Ultima 7, but finished Ultima Underworld 2 as well, and has been playing through Serpent Isle.
News from Aiera:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020
- Recently restored downloads at Aiera: DOS4GW, Blackrock Engine, Ultima Classics Revisited and Eriadain.
- A new installment is being planned for the Jane's Combat Simulations games, which were created by Origin.
- Akalabeth for iPhone has been updated to version 1.1.
- Question: is Ultima Underworld 2 consistent with Ultima canon? This stems from a post at Sergorn's Ultima Adventures.
- A video of Warren Spector discussing Epic Mickey behind the scenes.
- Fellow Ultima fan Saxon1974 just had a son, Cael Pearson.
- There's a chance that Wing Commander will follow suit after Ultima and be re-released with DOSBox.
- Discussion: do games cost less these days?
- A bit of news about Dragon Age 2 and importing characters (importing the world, as they say).
- Super Mario Bros and Ultima 4 have both celebrated their 25th birthday.
- Interesting read and discussion: Game conveniences we take for granted.
- Aiera itself has added a new gallery with pictures of Serpent Isle's original design, provided by Joe Garrity of the Origin Museum. In a comment, Joe suggests that we can expect more of these images in the near future!
- Discussion: what sort of education do you need to get into game programming? An interesting question indeed, which I have seen asked before, especially on Slashdot with lots of interesting comments. Game programming is the goal of many students (including myself) and it is not easy to get into, let alone become good at.