10th December 2009 by Mentis Dragon
Withstand the Fury Dragon has posted lots of updates on Aiera:
- A new project called the Abysmal Engine has been revealed. It's an attempt to create an Ultima Underworld 1/2 and System Shock engine for modern operating systems (you need to have the original game files). Short background can be read in the post on Aiera.
- Wizardry Dragon from Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands has posted an update to explain both his rather long absence and his site's recent outage. A fully-playable version of the project is scheduled for the first quarter of next year!
- Aiera is on Facebook and you can now become a fan.
- A post about some interesting stuff on the Exult forums. The message being: "don't forget to go there sometimes!"
- An update has been released for Ultima IV Reborn (a Neverwinter Nights based remake).
- Somewhat off-topic, but he is now a writer for Examiner.com and shares his thoughts on Creationism there (first, second and third post). Insightful and well written, might give you a new understanding.
Direhaggis at the Titans of Ether has posted a November update with a brief description of what the team has been up to. And while a few people have joined since the call for help two months ago, the Titans still have need for more interior worldbuilders.
Ophidian Dragon has posted in his Blogging Ultima how he resolved his problems with running Ultima Underworld. (Clue: he found his hidden backup.) He also shares some thoughts on the spells available in the game.
And last but hopefully not least, I'm Mentis Dragon and I'll be helping Dino out with posting news to the site. After some years away from Ultima (shame, I know...) I'm back in the fold! You can expect me to pop up on forums as well. (Enough ranting, back to reporting news...)
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020