Tribun Dragon wrote last week about a big update to the Codex of Editable Wisdom:
Tribun Dragon writes: We have worked hard at the Codex of Editable Wisdom to close the existing gaps and fix the various articles which were either flawed or yet incomplete. Our breaking of the 2000 article mark is already known, but here now what we have been up to in the last months:
- The Ultima VI character section is now complete! All characters from the game have their own article, complete with portrait.
- The Ultima VII character section is now complete! All characters from the game have their own article, complete with portrait. This was the biggest task to be done.
- We now do have a category about the various forms of ammunition found in the games.
- A complete section about the various locations in old Sosaria.
- Addition of the various Ultima II timezones of Earth.
- Total revamp of the various planets of the Terran Solar System in Ultima II, the pages are now better and all the settlements now have articles.
- The magic-category now has section about Sosarian Magic and Ultima IX Magic.
- Many new Lore-quotes (f.e. for the various shops)
- Addition of the verios map found in Serpent Isle, the Ultima IX town maps, and the Ultima IX treasure maps.
- As well as a map of the Tokuno Islands from Ultima Online.
- Cheat-POKE lists for the C64-ports of Ultima V and Ultima VI. As well as a cheap way to the Underworld in the C64-port of Ultima V.
- A detailled computer-map of Britannia for Ultima IV, with all important things marked.
- And of course numerous articles that are strewn through all the sections.
Besides the new content, we also did housekeeping.
- Lots of useless pictures are now deleted, and all pictures are now categorized.
- Numerous articles (like locations on Britannia, Serpent Isle and Pagan, the solar system, the classes and many others) now have navigation bars at their bottom to make browsing through the articles easier.
- Next to all the Bestiary pictures were re-uploaded and are now much better.
- Re-structuring of the categories to have a logical system.
Right now our main focus is to fill the ranks of the NPCs for Ultima V, Ultima Underworld I and Serpent Isle, before trying our luck on the Ultima IX NPCs. All help is welcome.
There is also good news for those fans of Ultima 8 who are excited about new discoveries even so many years after its release, when we all think we know all about the game. Jason Chapman wrote about a couple of hidden things that nobody else knew about before: a second ceremonial dagger, and Darion's hidden basement.
Finally, the Titans of Ether have posted an update for March.© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020