The big news is that the third beta of the Ultima 6 Project has been released yesterday:
Beta 3 Release
Written by U6P Aletys
Monday, 19 April 2010:
It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of the Beta 2 Release of Team Archon's Ultima 6 Project, for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). Some things to look forward to in this release:
- Many bug fixes have been implemented since the Beta 2 release.
- All NPC’s are in place, and all the quests have been implemented.
- Those players with proclivities to the dark side can now follow an 'evil path'.
- Additional enhancements have been made to the map and journal systems, and the Compendium is now complete.
- Performance improvements have been implemented
- It should be noted that anyone using a previous version will have to uninstall it prior to installing the Beta 3 Release, and start a new game.
While this is not the final release of the game, we feel that it is reasonably polished, enough for public consumption (read: scrutiny). We still expect that there will be some bugs, and are soliciting your help in finding them.
If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set up a special forum for the Beta 3 Release on the (Project Britannia forums).
To download the Beta 3 Release, go to the Ultima 6 Project web site.
News of this release has also been posted:
Apart from having posted the U6P news, Withstand the Fury Dragon at Aiera has noted that the site has been upgraded to PHP5.
Also, Sergorn Dragon at Return to the Serpent Isle has posted an April update, which is mainly about world simulation.© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020