21st January 2005 by Dino
I'm currently recovering from hardware problems, hence the lack of updates recently. Contrary to Dino's Ultima Page, the Ultima community has seen lots of updates lately. Here are the updates I've found with a quick look at some sites:
- In a topic at the Nuvie forum, Paul Gilbert announced that his U6Edit is going to be compatible with Martian Dreams. Since that update, two other updates have been posted on the website. So far the conversation editor for Martian Dreams works, and there is a technical file with information about the Martian Dreams file formats, including the fonts.
- I have also gathered from a topic in the Exult forum that a notebook has been implemented in the latest Exult snapshot.
- Another interesting topic in the Exult forum is the latest development news about Exult 3D. You can see a handful of new screenshots there.
- There have recently been two updates to Ultima 4 Multiplayer. One of them reports recent progress with development, and mentions that alpha testing may take place soon. The most recent update is the release of three new screenshots, showing off "player and object transparency, variable text coloring, map descriptions, and better statistics" (to quote the news from the actual website).
- A new client of Ultima 6 Online has been released with piles of updates. There are too many to list here, so have a look at the actual website.
- The Dragon Press, after a many-month slumber, has been updated twice recently. "The Journalist and the Sea" by Blueclaw has been updated, and "The Chronicles of Lord British" has been added to the Dragon Press.
- Four new dragons have been added to the roster, the latest being Surtur Dragon.
- Pentagram has been updated, and since we're in the year 2005, updates are being posted on days ending in '5'. The latest update is about monster pathfinding and the screen-flipping lever.
- The Titans of Ether website has been updated twice. First, they released a video of the module. The latest update is about Diddy being a full member and working on the Deep Forest, getting Redemption in the top 100 Morrowind mods, and a few other minor updates.
Other updates are from Aiera:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020