21st February 2011 by Dino
The Forgotten World website brings news of progress made in Beautiful Britannia, particularly as far as terrain and flowers are concerned.
News at Exult explains what has been going on since the release of version 1.4.9 RC1. The Exult team is experiencing difficulties fixing a bug that is causing random objects to disappear and Exult to crash completely. However, many other bugs have been fixed by their new team member, Malignant Manor. They have also made an all-in-one audio package available for download.
Spoony has reviewed Ultima 7. The review is long (over 20 minutes and is pretty much a playthrough of the game.
More news from Aiera (quick summary):
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020
- A video of Ultima 4 on iOS - based on xu4.
- Followup video of U4 on iOS.
- Martian Dreams and Akalabeth playthroughs.
- A video on storytelling, featuring Richard Garriott among several others.
- Boxer (Mac port of DOSBox) now ships with the Ultima Underworld demo.
- A Lord of Ultima Google Chrome plugin was released.
- Interview with Corey Cole of Hero's Quest / Quest for Glory fame.
- An Ultima Online demo reel from 2004.
- New gallery of iPhone wallpapers of Origin games.
- A piece about EA sales in the App store - a massive source of revenue..
- Ultima 6 textures for Minecraft.
- WtfD is asking whether we all want news and downloads for UO freesharts.
- Ultima Underworld on eBay.
- Sanctimonia progress: terrain and landscape are working quite well. A video should be made available soon.
- Sanctimonia followups: video and soundtrack released.
- Exult is available for the Xbox 360.
- xu4 is looking for texture artists.
- WtFD has been creating a series of Nightly Open Threads to replace his defunct forum. In these threads, posted as news posts, people may use the comments section to discuss anything they want.
- A UO player turned 83, and was given an in-game gift for her birthday.
- Added: Joyous Rebel, Exult for Android (Native), and Ultima 6 Mod for Exult.
- Top ten games of the previous decade.
- Ubisoft is hunting down all its fan projects.
- WorldForge is an open source framework for creating online RPGs.
- A rejection letter signed by Richard Garriott.
- In Por Ylem 2 (Ultima Online freeshard) has been released.
- Richard Garriott is planning to beat Zynga (creators of Farmville) with a social game bearing his mark.
- Ultima 6 for SNES is available to play online.
- The theme for Civilization IV has won a Grammy Award.
- Felicia Day, alias Codex Dragon, will be working on Dragon Age: Redemption - a web series based on Dragon Age (BioWare).
- In additional news about Dragon Age: Redemption, two videos are available: one is a trailer, and the other is an interview with Felicity Day.
- Classic Ultima Online is back.
- Richard Garriott, in a recent talk, compared modern MMOs to Ultima Online and noted what they lack.
- Blair Leggett's Ultima 4 Online (in Flash) got PC Gamer coverage.
- Some talk about creating another Eriadain if a team could be assembled.