22nd April 2011 by Dino
Although the Nuvie project has appeared to be inactive in recent years, work has been ongoing despite the website's lack of updates. The fruit of this continuous effort has materialised in the form of the first official release (version 0.1). Check out their website for details.
More Ultima-related news from Aiera:
- La Legende d' Ultima is back online. The site has a new design based on WordPress, and is hosted by Aiera. The current news covers recent developments about Mythic's secret project, and site content has yet to be restored.
- The Feudal Lands Alpha Release is now hosted at Aiera.
- A trailer of xu4 for iOS has been released.
- There has been some interesting news from Back to Roots, which also includes documentation of Ultima 5 file formats.
- A little update about Sanctimonia: there were some issues with GAMBAS that Kevin Fishburne was dealing with. In the comments of that post, he gave more details.
- Sanctimonia's issues were later resolved and a rotation video was posted.
- Yet another update from Sanctimonia demonstrates through video some improvements to character portrait creation.
- Richard Garriott, always so sure of himself, commented about the recent speculation of a possible Ultima revisit by Mythic, claiming that "only [his] team can create the true heir to [his] previous work".
- And meanwhile Paul Barnett has been quite content about the size of his secret project's world map.
- Scythifuge was relying on the Ultima community to select which graphics are better for his Savage Empire remake for Exult.
- Later news shows the results of Scythifuge's work.
- The original Ultima Online world map has been found.
- An Ultima 4 Manga is being scanned by Blu3vib3, one of the contributors at the Codex of Ultima Wisdom.
- A new project called The Dark Unknown has been added to Aiera.
- The Ultima 4 map editor has been updated. In a later update, the DOS version was similarly updated.
- Several Ultima 6 Project mods have been added to Aiera.
- In the Minecraft scene, there is a new area based on the Stones tune, and Ultima Minecraft textures have been updated.
Galleries added at Aiera recently:
Aiera also has other news that is not Ultima-related:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020