23rd March 2007 by Dino
I've been working on updating Dino's Ultima Page again. Here's what I've done today:
- Cleaned up and improved the news script. The news script used by this site was written 3 or 4 years ago when I was beginning to learn PHP. As such its code was unfriendly and inefficient. I've improved it greatly; although the script still has to deal with a 600KB news file, at least now it will work a bit faster.
- Removed the About Site and FAQ pages, which were devoid of useful information, and updated the Contact page with some frequently asked questions.
- Cleaned up the spam in the U8 Opinions page.
- Removed the Feedback section from the navigation. Contact was moved under Main; Forum and Guestbook will not likely be back in the near future.
- Updated the Site Map to reflect these changes.
- Fixed errors in the XML news file.
DOSBox 0.70 has been released. This can be useful to play some Ultimas that may not run under modern operating systems, especially Ultima 8.
Today's update for Ultima: The Reconstruction is about Ultima-based engines, namely the Dragon Engine and Nazghul.
In yesterday's update to Aiera, Withstand the Fury Dragon mentions that he has added an Orphanage (dead remakes with released content) and a Cemetary (dead remakes with no released content) as new sections to Aiera. WtFD is also offering webspace (which he has in abundance) to anyone needing webspace for an Ultima project website.
Aiera has been updated again today, where several remakes have been added to the site.
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020