30th October 2010 by Dino
Tribun Dragon informed me that The Codex of Editable Wisdom, now renamed to The Codex of Ultima Wisdom, has joined the Aiera family. This move was triggered after Wikia imposed conditions on their hosted Wikis that were not acceptable.
Exult and Pentagram, the two foremost SDL engine projects for Ultima 7 and 8 respectively, and which also share common developers, have both been updated this month. Exult lists a whole variety of new enhancements, while Pentagram mostly mentions bug fixes and the addition of plenty more savegame slots.
Sergorn has finished his playthrough of Ultima last week, and has nonetheless continued his blog by discussing aspects of Ultima 9.
Aside from the Codex, Aiera is now also hosting:
Other Ultima news from Aiera:
- Actress Felicia Day is apparently a big Ultima fan. In an interesting turn of events, it appears that she is Codex Dragon, a long-time member of UDIC.
- Aiera restored projects entries / downloads for: Alter U9, Littoral, and Ultima Fonts.
- The Ultima V for iPad project is progressing well, and some tutorials have been posted on its website.
- Ultima Online has received a Hall of Fame award at GDC, and Mythic created a video to celebrate.
- Forgotten World has been looking to recruit. In the meantime two new members have joined their team. They have done significant work on understanding how Ultima 9 triggers work and have released a patch that fixes music bugs. Additionally they are looking for a C++ programmer to enhance their World Editor.
- After finishing his Ultima playthrough, Sergorn released alternate versions of the Ultima IX endgame with better music.
- WtFD got got Ultima 6 working on his iPhone thanks to iDOS. There are pictures to show it working.
Other Game-related but not Ultima-related news from Aiera:
Family-related news from Aiera:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020