Home » Ultima 6 Guide
Characters and Dialogue
Xenerkes Dragon's Ultima 6 headshots (Internet Archive) show all the portraits from Ultima VI.
The stoeggl.com Ultima 6 C64 page contains copy protection answers, a C64 keyboard reference for Ultima 6, and manuals for Ultima 1-6 (in .WRI format).
You may find information about the format of Ultima VI maps at one of the following locations:
- U6like (Internet Archive) - information about the map file format.
- Ultima Tech Info and Patches contains information about MT-32 drivers, as well as some technical information about some of the older Ultimas.
- Nuvie docs contain file format documentation.
There is an Ultima 6 world editor around along with its source code and file format information.
An Ultima 6 tileset that was once found at u6like is now available here at Dino's Ultima Page.
All you need to know about the Gargish language can be found at Gargish Dragon's Ultima Page.
There are some notes on Ultima 6 Magic at the Cheater's Guild Ultima Page (via the Internet Archive).
- Maps of Britannia and all the dungeons at U6like (now hosted here at Dino's Ultima Page),
- Maps of Britannia (and the Underworld) and Lord British's castle (including the sewers and dungeons below) at the Ultima Web Archive
- Otmar Lendl's Ultima 6 maps of Britannia, the gargoyle lands and the dungeons. The site is down, but most of the maps are now hosted here, so find the links below.
- The map of Britannia in 4 different sizes at the High Resolution Ultima Map Project
- World and dungeon maps of Ultima 6, Martian Dreams and The Savage Empire at Andrew Jenner's Website with interesting information (including easter eggs) about the maps
- The Ultima VI surface map (scale 1 pixel = 1 tile, no objects) that was once available at u6like is now hosted here at Dino's Ultima Page.
- Here at the Ultima Web Archive
- Otmar Lendl's site is no longer available, but his Britannia maps (1024x1024 GIF, ~250KB: Raw or first shot at coloring) are now hosted here at Dino's Ultima Page.
- At the High Resolution Ultima Map Project in 4 different sizes
- Here at Andrew Jenner's website
- The Ultima VI dungeon maps (scale 1 pixel = 1 tile, no objects) that were once available at u6like are now hosted here at Dino's Ultima Page.
- Some of Otmar Lendl's dungeon maps (0, 1, 3) and his map of the Gargoyle Lands have been recovered and are hosted here at Dino's Ultima Page.
- At the maps page on Andrew Jenner's website
Lord British's Castle
Remakes and Engines
The Ultima VI Project - The remake of Ultima VI by Team Archon.
Nuvie is a game engine for Ultima 6, Savage Empire and Martian Dreams allowing playability under various systems, just like Exult.
Ultima 6 Online is exactly what the name implies - the ability to play Ultima 6 online with friends.
Withstand the Fury Dragon wrote a review of Ultima 6 for the CRPG Player's Handbook, and a preview of the article is available online.
Read about Ultima 6 at "CRPG History Abridged - 21 RPGs that brought something new to the table", by Felipe Pepe for Gamasutra (25th June 2015).
You can also use a U6 editor.
If you want to explore the Ultima 6 map, download Ultimatrix.
Nuvie is be the engine with which to run Ultima 6, Martian Dreams and The Savage Empire on modern systems.
Here is a list of Ultima 6 walkthroughs:
- Wyvern's walkthrough [TXT] is now hosted at Dino's Ultima Page, after the copies at The World of Ultima, Ultima Lives and Psycho_ultima are no longer available.
- Avocet Dragon's Ultima 6 walkthrough is still available thanks to the Internet Archive.
- Sergorn's French walkthrough is also still available thanks to the Internet Archive.
- Another walkthrough [TXT] (author unknown) that used to be available at Iolo's Lute is now hosted at Dino's Ultima Page.
- A good solution for Ultima 6 can be found on the Other Codex (Internet Archive).
- The Let's Play Ultima IV-VI, part of the Let's Play Archive, is a humorous visual walkthrough for Ultimas 4 to 6 (thanks to WyrdWeb for finding this).