A version 1.1 patch for Ultima V: Lazarus was released on 28th December 2005 to fix problems that arose in the original version 1.0.
The following notes are taken from the news article for 28th December 2005 at the Lazarus website:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2020
- ALL provisioners now sell bedrolls, as they were supposed to.
- All Rings and Amulets now function properly.
- Insect Swarms are now better balanced.
- Sea Serpents, Dragons, Sandtraps, Drakes, and our friends the Shadowlords are all deadlier than before.
- All gold-transfer bugs are fixed.
- Shadowlords will not display their names until you've "learned" them.
- Shadowlords will never occupy the same town two nights in a row, thus greatly reducing "wait time."
- Time now pauses while you are in a shop or a container. This makes making your daily "shopping run" considerably easier.
- All reported game-crashing bugs in plot-critical NPCs should be fixed.
- Iolo and Shamino can rejoin your party if left behind.
- The Crafting system (bread making, etc.) is fixed.
- Character bonuses upon leveling function properly.
- The game now begins with access to the mini-map function. The mini-map may be accessed by pressing the TAB key or clicking the small map icon in the bottom right portion of the screen. The mini-map contains "discovery fog" which is gradually uncovered as you explore more of the world. Peer Gems work as they did before, and reveal the world around you without any fog, whether you've been there yet or not.
- All broken portrait issues should be fixed.
- Several minor dialogue bugs have been fixed.
- This patch will NOT break your savegames. However, many of the fixes included in this patch will not take effect until you begin a new character. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Team Lazarus would like to thank all of our fans for being so patient while waiting for this patch, and the one which will follow it. We're ecstatic that you're all having fun with the game *despite* the bugs, and hope that this patch will make it a great deal more enjoyable for you. :)