26th April 2020 by Dino
As part of my ongoing effort to bring Dino's Ultima Page in line with the latest web standards, I have over the past week or so done the following:
- Migrated all top-level pages to a new layout. Although the changes to the site's visuals have been minimal, this includes the following:
- An upgrade from XHTML 1.1 to HTML 5.
- Responsive navigation, meaning they should now be mobile-friendly.
- Metadata to improve visibility in search engines.
- Centred the footer, and removed the W3C validation images from it. There is no "Valid HTML5" image, and I honestly couldn't tell whether Dino's Ultima Page follows the Web Accessibility Initiative guidelines after almost 18 years, so the only one that still makes sense is the CSS one. While I still try and stick to best practices, I don't think these images are necessary any more.
- The Ultima X: Odyssey page, which still used the old dark theme, has now been migrated to the current design with the new layout.
These improvements have not yet been applied to the Guides, fanfictions, and other large sections of Dino's Ultima Page. Since there are many pages to go through, the upgrades will happen gradually.
Other improvements I've made include:
© by Daniel D'Agostino 2002-2021
- I've fixed three different issues in the Old News page.
- I've updated the WebDB2 entry for Seven Towers, since I managed to find the site at a new address.
- I fixed some messed up characters in the Lord of Ultima page as well as in some of the old Ultima 6 Project press releases accessible via the Old News page.